THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 14, 2008

Yaya's Eulogy





Salaam to all. Yaya here. All of us were assigned to write our own eulogy. As you all know, eulogy is one of the types of ceremonial speech one has to present, and since we're taking Professional Speech Communication, we have to do this. I'm glad that our lecturer only told us to write the eulogy and post it here rather than present it out loud in front of an audience.

for my eulogy, the format is for a sister. I want my younger brother to read it to all when i die someday. I actually asked him for the points and the rest is history. so without further delay, here's my eulogy.

Eulogy for my beloved sister

I'm sure everyone knows who Nadiah was. She was affectionately called 'Yaya' by many. I remember that pet name very well because I was the one who came up with that name. I couldn't even pronounce her name properly as that time I was still the little boy who was still speaking in that childish mumble. I'm sure all of you have noticed that that name was shared by a number of my younger cousins as well.

She was my sister, my best buddy, and a warrior in and out cause i never won an argument with her and ended up being bossed around. only by her will I let that happen. She always projected a strong image and was very confident.

Yaya was a tall gal, liked to wave at people a lot. She doesn't talk much and I'm still surprise that a lot of people knew her. I guess she's a quiet social butterfly then. I think that people were attracted to her because of her smile. Her smile always made me feel that everything was alright. A friend of hers told me that what she remembers vividly about Yaya is her voice; she used to call Yaya 'Chipmunk'. I'm sure everybody agrees to that.

Mama and papa was always so proud of her cause she never gave us problems. I used to be jealous of her as she always seems the perfect child to me and always get the attention of my parents. Even so, she never gloated to me on that and never neglected to include me in everything that she does, be it when playing or studying. I learned a lot from her and suddenly my jealousy evaporated and changed into idolize.

I have so many memories with her cause she's the only sibling I had. Mama only wanted one boy and one girl. Hence, I was very close to her and refer a lot of things to her. Even when she was studying overseas, I would sent her a message, even if it was about little things like what to buy for our mother's birthday. I guess even good things had to end, and having her as my sister was one of the best things in my life.

Education is very important and its importance is stressed a lot by the government. She was the role model for me and I know for all of my cousins as well. Even though we studied not in the government school but instead in madrasahs, she pursued and proved that we can go further not just in the religious sector as most perceived us to, but we can also continue in other faculties and fields. She was not alone in that journey; she told me once that she would not have made it if not for the presence and support of her friends. I thank her friends for making her journey fun and memorable.

At the peak of Yaya’s young and simple life, no one thought that her life will end in a tragic way. We thought that Yaya would be a successful career-woman and would have a family of her own to grow old with. I dreamt once of being busy organizing and setting up for her wedding with all the other family members, to finally see her as a blushing bride. But I guess that dream is blown to the wind now.

Yaya is now undergoing her next stage of life that is the journey to the Hereafter. Let us make doa for her so that she may end up in Jannah, Insya-Allah. She will be in our heart forever. We will always be proud of you.

Yaya’s favorite quote “Live life to the fullest. Never regret”.
Yaya was mama’s girl.
Yaya was my lovely sister.
Yaya was everybody's favorite niece.
Yaya was never a spoilsport; everyone's crazy buddy.
May Allah Bless you all and give you comfort.

We love you.

0 comments: